Sunday, November 13, 2011

It's A Cinch

I have a complicated relationship with my body. Some days I know I have it going on - I love my cleavage, I put on my lowest cut, most fitted dress, I accentuate my hourglass figure and strut around with my head held high. Other days, I wear my loosest gym clothes and beat myself up for not sticking with the (fill in the blank) diet I started last year/last month/yesterday.

I still like to feel sexy, and I really, really like to dress up for S (and myself). I love wearing thigh highs, but I only had two pathetic, boring little black lace garter belts to hold them up with. Not only were they boring, but they didn't give me the *coverage* I needed in order to let myself go and feel really sexy. No matter how great I feel about myself, I really hate my lower stomach, and I will go to great lengths to camouflage it.

I decided to visit a local lingerie shop called Foxy Lady to find a new garter. I knew about it from years back - my friends who were strippers would get their costumes there, and I knew it was a trans-friendly store, so they would likely stock *non traditional* sizes. The ladies there were really helpful, but I like to browse on my own. I looked and looked and then I found the item that would change my life forever - The Rago Waist Cincher!


OMG - this entire look is hot! Available at Hips and Curves.

It has a totally retro-50s feel, and is insanely sexy while giving me the coverage I need. I loved the black one so much that I also ordered it in black and pink:



I wore the black one for S and as he fucked me from behind one night he said, "Your waist is so tiny...and your ass is so big! This is wonderful". Ahhh, memories. That was a really great night. And a great boost for my body image-esteem. I'd never heard "your ass is so big" used in such a positive context before.

It occurred to me that evening that if I could achieve such accentuating with a relatively flexible garment, imagine the curves I'd get with a proper corset? I searched online, and although there are lots of options out there, I had a few requirements: I wanted it fast, so I needed a ready-to-wear piece; I wanted it to really pull my waist in, so I didn't want a flimsy one and lastly; I needed it to be under $100. Seems impossible, right? Its totally not - introducing Orchard Corset! They sell fantastic, authentic, well made corsets for a song. My first was this emerald green number:


$79 at Orchard Corset

The fun part about ordering corsets (for me) is that you order the size you want to be, not the size you actually are. The idea is to cinch in really tight, so you measure the narrowest part of your waist in inches, and that's what you order. So, I take an 18/20 in a dress, but I am a 36 in corset size.

I never thought I'd be able to wear a corset, but I proved myself wrong. I love the exaggerated curves I can achieve with a corset, and although it takes some getting used to (until its broken in, it kinda feels like you're walking around in a body cast), the effects are well worth the effort. The nice thing about this corset in particular is that you can order metal garters to go with it, and its a 'longline' style. Which means extra stomach coverage ; ) I thought S was going to lose it when I unveiled this ensemble. This is one of the outfits he talked about for days afterwards. I recommend it!!



2 comments:

  1. Awesome post, as usual! I have a red and black corset but I've never been able to put it on by myself... I get a few hooks done and then, as I move up towards my chest, the bottom ones start to unhook. The same thing happens if I start from the top. And, then I can't even imagine how I cinch it up in the back by myself. I need advice from the pro... you. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I get in to my corset about an hour before I expect S to arrive, because I totally work up a sweat getting it on. OMMFG. What I do is loosen up the laces in the back, not super duper loose, maybe 2 or 3 inches wider than I ultimately want it to be. My corset has a back panel, so I lay the panel flat in the direction I want it to go, then I bend forward a drape the corset across my back. Then I hook the bottom hook first, and work my way up. Once its all hooked, I tighten the laces, again starting at the bottom, working my way to the middle, and then I tighten from the top, working my way back down to the middle. Once the laces are really long in the middle, I carefully pull them super tight , and then tie them up!

    Here's a great website about corseting:

    http://www.romantasy.com/index.html?BodyURL=ZXQ/cyboutique/corset/wear_and_care.shtml

    ReplyDelete